America loves their pets. There is just something special about coming home from a hard day of work and seeing that special pet. Whether it is a cat or a dog, your pet loves and wants your attention regardless of how your day went and what your feelings are about the world. Having a pet seems to make people more happy and excited about life. So it only seem fair to be able to take your special pet with you when you visit the mountains and Harman’s Log Cabins.
We do, however, ask that you not bring your pet to a cabin rental that is not pet friendly. There might be several reasons for us not designating a particular cabin a “pet friendly cabin.” When this happens, you (the customer) will be charged for extra cleaning.
We are striving to provide a service to our pet friendly customers, because we know that you need your pets. Yes, even when vacationing at our Cabins. The policies below are very strict, because of the typical problems we have encountered before with pet friendly cabins.
Harman’s Log Cabins is delighted to offer you pet friendly log cabin (Cabin #19), so you can enjoy your vacation with your entire family (pets included). This log cabin is not located at our main log cabins property. Be sure you understand almost all of our marketing pictures on the web page and brochures are at our main log cabin property. We do not intend to misrepresent cabin #19. Pets are not allowed on the main property for any reason.
Our pet policy is listed below; please contact us if you have any questions:
- Pets welcome in approved cabin #19 only.
- There is a non-refundable $50.00 per pet fee for a 5 night stay.
- There is a non-refundable $25.00 per pet fee for a 2 night stay
- Cabin #19 is located 5 miles from the main Harman’s Log Cabins property. It is a 3 bedroom cabin with 1 acre of land. It is our only pet friendly property.
- No pets are allowed on the main Harman’s Log Cabins property. It is a pet free property. All pets that are left unattended in the cottage must be tethered outside or kenneled.
- Pet owners must scoop the yard and place pet residue in trash bag and trash bin before departing cottage. ($25.00 cleaning fee if the yard is not scooped. We will make this decision if the next pet customer complains about the yard.)
- Please bring your pets’ bedding, blankets, kennel and scooper. The bedding and blankets that are located in the cottage are for our guests use only.
- No pets are allowed on beds or in the Hot Tub. If the cottage bed spreads have pet hair on them, we will charge a $25.00 fee for cleaning.
- Please immediately report any pet damages or problems. Pet damages will be charged to the guest’s credit card without prior approval from the guest.
- Please be respectful of our property, we are making an extended effort to offer a pet friendly cabin and we appreciate our guests who make an extended effort to ensure the cabin is left undamaged by pets.
- Guests will be charged for any damages or extra cleaning due to pet owner negligence. (e.g. charges from $25.00 for simple cleaning to $2,500 for furniture damage can be charged to customer’s credit card without approval from the guest.)
- Cabin #19 has hardwood floors, leather furniture, and a few other easily cleanable items/furniture.
Thank you so much for choosing Harman’s Log Cabins, please feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding our pet policy.