Professional Fly Fishing Guides
Can be booked at our office in advance of your stay. Call 800-436-6254 for a guide. We must schedule a guide.
Winter Trout Fishing
- December, January, February – We stock at least once a month.
Spring Trout Fishing
- March, April & May – We stock at least twice a month. March is the month we re-load the stream with very big trout.
- March 1st Week – During spring, our largest number of trout are stocked the 1st week. This trout stocking is used to re-load the stream with large trout.
Summer Trout Fishing
- Early Summer – The stream is stocked Memorial Day weekend or the first week of June. This is the last stocking for the summer.
- June – The first two weeks of June provide the best long day top water dry fishing.
- Mid Summer – Harman’s does not stock from June 15 to August 15. The high summer temperatures and lower water conditions are typically life threating to our trout. We recommend early morning or late evening fishing only, as well as very quick release. High temperatures and low water conditions from July 1 to August 15 can be deadly to many of the trout in our stream.
- Late Summer – The stream can be stocked the last week of August if water conditions permit. This stocking depends strictly on weather and water conditions.
Fall Trout Fishing
- Early Fall – The stream is typically stocked Labor Day weekend or early September. September is a month that we load the stream with trout. We stock the most fish the early part of September. We re-load the stream with very big trout as soon as water volume permits.
- September can be a low water month which may delay stocking.
- October & November At the beginning of the month and mid month.
Links to River Gauges for stream levels
The web links to river gauges for all of West Virginia are listed below:
- West Virginia Gauges (all WV streams)
- North Fork River at Cabins, WV (stream at Harman’s)
- South Branch River near Petersburg, WV (stream at Smoke Hole)
FISHING Free to Customer
Our private access to trophy trout fishing is presently provided “free to a Customer at Harmans”. This service is not guaranteed, bad water conditions can occur. These are considered “Acts of God”. Refunds are not given for bad water conditions. The price of lodging is fair and reasonable for the lodging provided as a standalone fee. – See more at://www.wvlogcabins.com/wv-lodging/policies