UPDATE 3.24.2020 – GOV. JUSTICE ISSUES EXECUTIVE ORDER
Following today’s press conference, Gov. Justice issued an Executive Order that requires West Virginians to stay at home except for certain essential activities, effective at 8 p.m. tomorrow, March 24.To read the order, click here.
Please note, hotels and motels are classified as essential businesses not subject to closure under Section 3(w) of the Order. The Governor’s Office interprets this to include privately-owned cabins and campgrounds. If you have any questions about your hospitality business, please contact Tourism Commissioner Chelsea Ruby at Chelsea.A.Ruby@wv.gov.
UPDATE 3.23.2020 – Harman’s Log Cabins out of state guests with reservations between March 23-April 2, 2020. With the surrounding states (OH, PA, DC) issuing mandatory stay in your home orders. We are expecting other states (VA MD) to follow. To be proactive and help ease our customers worries, we will be working to move the reservations of our neighboring state’s customers with checkin dates the next two weeks. March 23-April 2, 2020.
We have relaxed our cancellation policy for these reservations to be moved for up to 1 year.
We are praying for our customers, who have become friends and family over the years. Below is a message from Harman’s Log Cabins, The Harman Family. For more than 80 years, Harman’s has provided a safe, relaxing getaway from the world and all of its problems. We continue to provide those services for our guests.
We are monitoring the COVID-19 guidance and adding additional cleaning measures to keep our cabins safe and clean. Our prayers and thoughts go out to our customers and everyone affected. We appreciate the efforts of our federal, state and local government and the healthcare workers on the front line.
We are closely monitoring the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and West Virginia health agencies for the latest developments related to COVID-19 and following the guidance of government and public health officials.
Harman’s will remain open until the Governor of West Virginia requests lodging facilities close. Our property benefits from being an outdoor focused destination with the majority of activities outside. All of our cabins are under the social distancing maximum of 10 people. Be assured, you can make new reservations with the confidence you are getting our most flexible deposit and cancellation options.
Existing Reservations and New Reservations
- For guests with existing reservations between March 15 and April 15, we will allow changes to move your reservation to up to 1
year without any fees.
- For guests with existing reservations we will continue to try to align our cancellation policies and fees based upon guidance from the WHO and the CDC.
- For new reservations made after March 15, 2020, and occurring before May 15, 2020, our cancellation policy will be reduced to 48 hours before your stay. We will only request a single night’s deposit to make any reservation after March 15, 2020.
Your safety is our priority:
- Prior to your arrival, our staff’s cleaning of your cabin will be above industry standard. Focus area’s are: Remote controls, door handles, all handles inside the cabin, counter tops, and linens.
During Your Stay:
- We recognize that the COVID-19 virus has required all of us to be more mindful as we go through our regular activities. Daily our team is working to ensure we meet the latest advice from the CDC and WHO on hygiene and sanitizing.
- Our health and safety measures are designed to address everything from hand washing hygiene and cleaning products,
to our guest’s room and common area cleaning procedures.
Thank you for continuing to be part of our friends and family. As a 3 rd generation owner, I am personally handling any unique circumstances for any of our guests.
Owner Harman’s Log Cabins
10042 North Fork Highway
Cabins, West Virginia